Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my project is suitable for entry?
The awards are open to any kind of initiative, and any Healthcare Professional – including doctors, nurses, support workers, medical researchers and scientists as well as people working in patient advocacy groups and professional organisations and associations. You can enter yourself, your team or nominate a colleague for an award. Your entry must be based on a project or initiative implemented from September 2011 to date, be relevant to your chosen category and meet the judging criteria to be eligible for consideration. You will need to obtain consent from your organisation and any people involved in the project before you enter it.
Such varied work is undertaken by professionals working in health – how will the judges be able to compare these projects?
The judging panel will include a range of people from different backgrounds to ensure broad understanding of the different types of work undertaken by professionals working in health. This structured approach will ensure that each project is assessed in a consistent way, irrespective of the nature of the project (i.e. its rationale, objectives, implementation, outcomes/evaluation and how it has changed tomorrow etc).
How will I know if my entry has been shortlisted as a potential winner?
You will be informed as to whether or not your entry has been shortlisted by week commencing 10th December 2012.
What if my project involves working with other people – do I need their permission to submit an entry?
Yes. Any project that is conducted jointly with other people requires their authorisation. You need to obtain the necessary written approvals and confirm that you have done this when you submit your entry.
How do I decide which category to enter?
We understand that it may be difficult to decide which is the most relevant category to enter, however, we suggest that you look carefully at each of the award categories described to find the most appropriate for your project.
What happens if two projects achieve identical scores within a category?
All projects will be reviewed by all members of the judging panel and be given a total score. If more than one project achieves the top score, the judging panel will decide which one should be the winner. The judging panel also has the discretion to award Special Commendation certificates.
Can I send supporting materials along with my entry?
All information must be entered into the online entry form. Any larger support materials can be posted to Astellas Changing tomorrow Awards 2012, 5 Waterside, Citywest Business Campus, Naas Road, Dublin 24.
Will any information from my entry or supporting material be made public?
Yes. Details of the names and organisations of finalists and winners, as well as the summary from their entry, will be used in external Astellas communication activities including media and public relations campaigns.
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
If you have any other questions, please contact Elaine Connery, Corporate Reputations at +353 1 661 8915.
Conditions of entry
- Completed entry forms should be received no later than 17:00 GMT October 24th 2012. Late entries will not be considered
- Organisations or individuals can submit as many entries as they wish, but each particular project can only be entered once
- Entrants are required to obtain consent from their organisation and any other people or third parties involved in the project entered
- Full name, title, organisation and contact details must be provided
- The person nominated on the entry form is to be the name included on trophy, the spokesperson for media interviews and recipient of award at ceremony
- All entries must be submitted online and typed in the entry form provided
- All submissions will become the property of the organisers and will not be returned
- There is no fee for entry into the awards
- Approval for awards publicity is implied as part of taking part in the Astellas Changing tomorrow Awards 2012
- The judges’ decision is final and no further feedback will be provided
- Canvassing of the judges will result in immediate disqualification